Request for Quotations, (RFQ): French to English and English to French Translation Preferred Vendors
Date Issued: January 16, 2020
Period of Performance: February 2020- February 2021
RFQ Number: N/A
NCBA CLUSA is issuing a Request for Quotations for English to French and French to English Translation Services for inclusion on a Preferred Vendor List for 2020.
Founded in 1916, NCBA CLUSA is the oldest cooperative development trade association in the United States. NCBA CLUSA’s international program implements projects designed to alleviate poverty through economic empowerment. With 60 years of successful, high-impact international development experience in more than 80 countries, NCBA CLUSA is a globally recognized leader in capacity building and applying cooperative strategies to development. Working with a variety of groups and institutions, including farmer cooperatives, businesses, civil society organizations (CSOs), nongovernmental organizations, village associations, and local governments, NCBA CLUSA builds capacity at the grassroots level to create innovative, sustainable solutions for farmers and families alike. NCBA CLUSA has core competencies in Capacity Building and Rural Community Development; Agribusiness and Value Chain Development; Food Security; Natural Resource Management and Nutrition-led Agriculture.
NCBA CLUSA has projects in Senegal, Niger, Burkina Faso, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Madagascar, and Haiti. NCBA CLUSA has successfully managed programs for various donors including the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), the Office of U. S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA), among others.
NCBA CLUSA is looking for French-English and English-French translators for a preferred vendor list for February 2020 to February 28, 2021. Vendors selected for the preferred vendor list will be the exclusive French-English / English-French translators for projects in francophone countries at NCBA CLUSA. Preferred vendors will be contacted throughout the period of performance for translation services as needed. Projects range from small 5-page translations to large 70-page translations and the type of document ranges from communications pieces to technical reports.
1. Please submit standard rates, per word, for French to English and English to French translations, as well as any other associated costs that would be included in a translation, i.e. set fees, DTP etc.
Rates should remain accurate for the entire period from February 2020 to February 28, 2021.
2. Average delivery deadline for translation: turn-around time for small document (5-10 pages) and large document (50-70 pages)
3. Capability Statement detailing the qualifications of translators, as well as any relevant experience (experience with international development organizations, experience in francophone Africa, experience with agriculture/value chains, etc.).
The completed application should be submitted to Lauren Tyler, firstname.lastname@example.org, by 5:00 pm on Friday, January 31. Questions should be submitted to Lauren Tyler by Monday, January 27, 2020. Proposals received after 5:00 pm on January 31, 2020 will not be considered.
Your application must include:
- Cover letter signed by authorized official of vendor
2. Capability Statement (limited to 3 pages) that includes:
- translator resumes,
- past performance references (3),
- Qualifications and experience of firm/translator which is relevant to the translation work required by NCBA CLUSA (experience with francophone Africa, international development, donors such as USAID and/or USDA, or any of the thematic areas relevant to NCBA CLUSA’s work)
3. Translation rates valid until February 28, 2021
- Rate per word, for French to English and English to French translations
- any other associated fees/costs
- DTP rates
Criteria for Evaluation:
Evaluation and basis for Award of Contract factors are a total of 100 points, apportioned as noted in the following:
- Cost Reasonableness (40)
- Qualifications and experience of translators (40)
- Average turnaround time (20)
Maximum Points: (100)