Manager, Membership and Sponsorships
Scope and Purpose
This position is responsible for marketing NCBA CLUSA membership and sponsorship opportunities. In collaboration with the VP, Cooperative Relations, s/he will ensure the success of the membership and sponsorship strategies. The incumbent will be responsible for the following aspects of membership and sponsorship; opportunity identification, recruitment, retention and financial management. The person in this position will work with the Vice President of Cooperative Relations on strategies to achieve revenue and membership targets. The position provides the opportunity to combine creativity and innovation in outreach and member services utilizing robust database management and analytics.
Essential Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for meeting membership revenue targets established by the VP of Cooperative Relations in collaboration with the President and CEO.
- Serves as the subject matter expert on membership and sponsorship opportunities, and as the point of contact on any membership or sponsorship issues.
- Works with the Communications Team to manage the logistics, communications and/or marketing materials related to individualized sponsorship proposals, membership reports, satisfaction surveys or other client specific collateral.
- Conducts prospecting research on potential members and sponsors and works with the VP of Cooperative Relations on establishing new strategies in growing membership and sponsorship revenue.
- Establishes and nurtures relationships with current members/sponsors and fosters new relationships with prospective members and sponsors through site visits and NCBA CLUSA-sponsored events and campaigns.
- Accurately maintains the membership database and information on sponsor engagement, providing a weekly status reports on each engagement activities and efforts.
Other Job Responsibilities
- Manages the financial component of the renewal and recruitment cycles in concert with the Finance department, leading follow-up, as required.
- Provides support for the organization of the NCBA CLUSA Annual Membership meeting and the NCBA CLUSA Board of Directors elections.
- Promotes NCBA CLUSA programs to potential national and international sponsors, including cooperative sector organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience
To perform this job successfully the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- 3-5 years of experience in working in association or cooperative membership, corporate sponsorships, fundraising or sales. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Strong project management skills, including but not limited to developing project plans, implementing (effectively and timely) project activities, delivering superior results.
- Strong research, analytical, planning, coordination, and time management skills.
- Knowledge of the cooperative sector preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and writing skills.
- Proven track record of presenting to all levels of an organization as a sales/membership/fundraising representative.
- Experience working with sales/membership software and databases. Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint, preferred.
- Must be detailed oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Strong customer-service skills while working in a fast-paced environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to write or type, use arms to reach for items and turn head to speak and/or hear others. The employee will frequently walk, reach, stoop, push and pull up to 20 lbs and lift up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
To apply click here.