French to English and English to French Translation Preferred Vendors (RFQ)
Request for Quotations, (RFQ):
French to English and English to French Translation Preferred Vendors
Date Issued: March 30, 2021
Period of Performance: April 2021- April 2022
RFQ Number: N/A
NCBA CLUSA is issuing a Request for Quotations for English to French and French to English Translation Services for inclusion on a Preferred Vendor List for 2021.
Founded in 1916, NCBA CLUSA is the oldest cooperative development trade association in the United States. NCBA CLUSA’s international program implements projects designed to alleviate poverty through economic empowerment. With 60 years of successful, high-impact international development experience in more than 80 countries, NCBA CLUSA is a globally recognized leader in capacity building and applying cooperative strategies to development. Working with a variety of groups and institutions, including farmer cooperatives, businesses, civil society organizations (CSOs), nongovernmental organizations, village associations, and local governments, NCBA CLUSA builds capacity at the grassroots level to create innovative, sustainable solutions for farmers and families alike. NCBA CLUSA has core competencies in Capacity Building and Rural Community Development; Agribusiness and Value Chain Development; Food Security; Natural Resource Management and Nutrition-led Agriculture.
NCBA CLUSA has projects in Senegal, Niger, Burkina Faso, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Madagascar, and Haiti. NCBA CLUSA has successfully managed programs for various donors including the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), the Office of U. S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA), among others.
- Please submit standard rates, per word, for French to English and English to French translations, as well as any other associated costs that would be included in a translation, i.e. set fees, DTP etc.
Rates should remain accurate for the entire period from April 2021 to April 30, 2022.
- Average delivery deadline for translation: turn-around time for small document (5-10 pages) and large document (50-70 pages)
- Capability Statement detailing the qualifications of translators, as well as any relevant experience (experience with international development organizations, experience in francophone Africa, experience with agriculture/value chains, etc.).
The completed application should be submitted to Lauren Tyler, email@example.com, by 5:00 pm on Friday, April 9. Questions should be submitted to Lauren Tyler by Wednesday, April 6, 2021. Proposals received after 5:00 pm on April 9, 2021 will not be considered.
Your application must include:
- Cover letter signed by authorized official of vendor
- Capability Statement (limited to 3 pages) that includes:
- translator resumes,
- past performance references (3),
- Qualifications and experience of firm/translator which is relevant to the translation work required by NCBA CLUSA (experience with francophone Africa, international development, donors such as USAID and/or USDA, or any of the thematic areas relevant to NCBA CLUSA’s work)
- Translation rates valid until April 30, 2022
- Rate per word, for French to English and English to French translations
- any other associated fees/costs
- DTP rates
Criteria for Evaluation:
Evaluation and basis for Award of Contract factors are a total of 100 points, apportioned as noted in the following:
- Cost Reasonableness (40)
- Qualifications and experience of translators (40)
- Average turnaround time (20)
Maximum Points: (100)