Program: Women and Youth Creating Our Future
Position: Chief of Party
For over 60 years, the National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) has contributed to high-impact international development projects in more than 85 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Grounded in the seven cooperative principles, NCBA CLUSA’s international development work seeks to alleviate poverty through social and economic empowerment. NCBA CLUSA’s work focuses on building resilient communities, creating economic opportunities, and strengthening cooperatives and producer organizations. Our community-led development approach empowers communities to identify, promote, and manage sustainable, locally generated solution
BACKGROUND and SCOPE OF WORK
NCBA CLUSA is recruiting a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded Program in Timor-Leste. The activity will focus on launching the center for entrepreneurship and employment to strengthen the workforce readiness, and technical and entrepreneurship skills of Timorese youth and adult women. The activity will also support IOB in strengthening its business model and mission, especially to empower youth and women.
The COP will be responsible for overall operational, financial and administrative management of the Program. The COP will take a leadership role in coordination of all activities across all relevant parties including: USAID, the Government of Timor-Leste, educational organizations, civil society, and private sector stakeholders. The COP will ensure high quality program implementation in accordance with NCBA CLUSA’s international program management standards, technical approach, and principles. Proposed employee will ensure that NCBA CLUSA’s values, methodology and approaches are uniformly implemented throughout the Program to ensure project meets stated goals and reporting requirements. The COP will further ensure the quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities implemented under the Activity. The COP will also serve as the principle institutional liaison with USAID and key stakeholders. The expected duration of the Program is five years. This will be a contract position pending award from USAID, expected to begin in Mid-2023.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, SKIILS, and EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Education, international development, economics, business administration, organizational development, or other relevant field or comparable number of years of professional experience corresponding to this position.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in comparable management, supervisory or technical positions on donor-funded projects, preferably USAID.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in implementation of international development activities and programs in a context similar to Timor Leste.
- Strong leadership, administrative, management, reporting, and communication skills and the ability to implement projects with diverse subject matter required.
- Experience working in education, youth development, workforce development, social behavior change or non-formal education or directly related field desired.
- Knowledge and experience with USAID programs and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations and compliance requirements, preferred.
- Demonstrated experience of successful interactions, coordination, and partnerships with multiple stakeholders (host government, US and international donors, youth, private sector, etc.) desired.
- Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to perform and collaborate in complex and politically sensitive project environments.
- Demonstrated understanding of the social, cultural and economic context and environment within Timor Leste preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of project management and implementation required.
- Ability to successfully recruit, train, build capacity, motivate and manage staff, consortium partners, and/or sub-partners, and foster an adaptive team culture.
- Ability to negotiate and manage agreements and all required programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
- Proven ability to produce results in challenging contexts and the capacity to effectively deal with and resolve conflict.
- Experience working in Timor Leste required.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Tetum or Portuguese preferred.
To be considered applicants shall forward Cover Letter and CV in English to email@example.com not later than March 01, 2023, with the subject line: “Timor-Leste_WYCF_Chief of Party”.
DO NOT USE FORM BELOW TO APPLY FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY.