The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the primary voice for people who use cooperative businesses to build a better world and a more inclusive economy. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For over 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 65 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 85 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is recruiting a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Manager for an anticipated USAID-funded Rural Financial Inclusion in Guatemala Activity. The project will focus on improving access and utilization of financial services, financial literacy capacity building of smallholder farmers (SHFs), medium and small enterprises (MSMEs), women, youth and indigenous and social minorities in Western Highlands and Verapaces, mobilizing capital for rural financial inclusion in alignment with USAID Guatemala strategic objectives to decrease migration, addressing inequalities and foster partnerships with local organizations.
The MEL Manager will be responsible for overseeing and directing monitoring, evaluation, and learning systems of the Project. Proposed employee will design and operationalize the MEL framework, manage information flows, ensure compliance of MEL activities to all aspects of the implementation of the collaborating, learning, and adapting agenda, and report to the Project Director and HQ MERL Director. The MEL Manager will supervise MEL reporting functions to systematically generate, synthesize, share, and apply learning, effective, and adaptive management.
The following are the key areas of responsibility for the MEL Manager:
- Works with HQ MEL director to implement monitoring, evaluation, and learning conceptual framework for the project.
- Work with the HQ MEL director to develop a MEL information system to the project.
- Develop MEL protocols, SOPs and tools for the project and administer training to local partners as and when needed.
- Monitor and Supervise all MEL activities associated with the project.
- Reviews all monitoring data for accuracy in donor reporting and communications materials and write donor reports.
- Conduct DQAs for the project with stakeholders.
- Work on assigned MEL projects and tasks as needed.
The expected duration of the Project is five years. This will be a contract position pending award from USAID, expected to begin in Mid-2023.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics, economic and sustainable development, social behavior, business administration or similar. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in DHIS 2 or other related information system preferred
- Experience in SPSS, STATA, SAS, or other statistical software.
- Minimum 8 years of experience managing MEL activities for large scale, complex, international development assistance programs.
- Experience with USAID, US Government-funded or other international donor programs.
- Proven experience developing MEL frameworks and managing performance monitoring plans to meet program objectives and providing recommendations to inform program activities.
- Experience with MIS systems, designing evaluation tools, data collection, data quality management, and analysis.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Commitment to company mission, vision, principles, and values.
- Fluency in Spanish is required. Knowledge of English is desired.
To be considered applicants shall forward Cover Letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2023, with the subject line: “Guatemala_Financial Inclusion_ MEL Manager”.
DO NOT USE FORM BELOW TO APPLY.