RP Professional Services, LLC (RP) is a rapidly growing government consulting firm headquartered in Ashburn, Virginia. We’re an 8(a), Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) that exclusively enables the missions of U.S. Federal agencies through superior mission support and technology integration. Our dedication to our employees and clients is driven by our promise to deliver Excellence, Value, and Flexibility. “People, not just Resources” is more than our motto; it’s the foundation on which we are built! At RP, we take pride in who we are and what we deliver.
RP is seeking a Communications Specialist that will support the Cooperative Development Program (CDP) in the Local, Faith, and Transformative Partnerships Hub (LFT). The Local, Faith, and Transformative Partnerships Hub (LFT) facilitates consistent engagement and deeper partnerships between USAID and strategic partners who together advance the Agency’s objective of self-reliance. As a communication specialist, you will be responsible for communication, knowledge and event management, and administrative support. In this role, the communication specialist will need to help to produce and update marketing collateral for the CDP using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop and create and execute communications strategies for major milestones.
The Bureau for Development, Democracy, and Innovation (DDI) integrates technical expertise with values-driven, cross-cutting priorities and modern approaches to the way USAID performs its work. It provides client-centered technical services to USAID’s missions worldwide, supports programming to innovate, learn and address emerging issues, and provides technical leadership within the Agency and externally to enhance development impact.
This role will require 10% international travel to two to three international field visits annually. This is a remote position based in Washington DC.
- Solicit newsletter content from internal staff and external partners monthly, make and coordinate edits, incorporate it into a template, and disseminate the final products to internal and external audiences
- Manage the newsletter distribution list, adding new subscribers and continuing to grow the distribution list
- Track key newsletter and social media metrics, and compile reports with recommendations based on performance
- Produce and update marketing collateral for the CDP, using, for example, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Oversee all internal and external web content, and coordinate updates with staff and the DDI webmaster
- Create and execute communications strategies for major milestones, such as Cooperative Month
- Coordinates with communications teams across the Agency to identify and create new communications opportunities for the CDP
- Designs and develops knowledge products for the Agency and the larger development community
- Maintains and updates CDP Knowledge Management portal with relevant resources, such as research, studies, evaluations, and tools
- Supports the content development and facilitation of quarterly learning webinars for implementing partners and Agency contacts
- Tracks and monitors international cooperative development conferences, events, and training
- Lead marketing and provide technical support for recurring and one-off events, including virtual webinars, brown bags, and conferences
- Draft internal communications, such as action memoranda, scheduling proposals, and meeting and event forms, and manage their clearance
- Prepares weekly briefs on high-level activities for the LFT Hub meetings
- Supports clearance processes for administrative approvals for the CDP
- Maintains and updates the project directory, including implementing partners, and key interagency partners
- Provides logistical support for event planning and international travel
- Participate in two to three international field visits annually to learn more about CDP activities and better support CDP’s global communications
- Provide guidance to implementing and local partners on USAID’s Marking and Branding Strategy
- Produce trip reports and other relevant communications products as needed.
- others duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, international relations, and/or relevant field
- At least three years of experience in communications, content management, graphic design, and/or journalism
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong project management and coordination skills, with the ability to work with a broad range of colleagues
- Experience working with Constant Contact or similar electronic newsletter platforms
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop
- Experience managing social media accounts, including drafting and posting content, tracking metrics, and more, particularly for Twitter and/or Facebook
- Familiarity with the field of international development
- Impeccable customer service, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize as necessary, meet short deadlines, and approach work with a sense of urgency, follow-through, and flexibility
- Proficiency in Google G Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- The ability to work for any US employer without requiring sponsorship
- Health Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental
- 4% retirement match with 100% vesting
- Company paid STD and LTD
- Company paid basic life insurance
- Competitive PTO package
RP Professional Services, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.