Business Development Associate
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the primary voice for people who use cooperative businesses to build a better world and a more inclusive economy in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For over 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 85 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Business Development Associate to support NCBA CLUSA’s Business Development Team, based in Washington, DC. The Business Development Associate (BDA) supports proposal management and consistency of a range of proposal documents, organizing documents and folders in the share drive with a consistent and clear naming system; ensuring all proposal documents are formatted per set standards. The BDA executes final formatting of proposals, developing graphics to represent proposal concepts and themes. The BDA maintains up to date information on current and past projects including maintenance of a PPR tracking and organization system. The BDA manages, refines, and updates the Business Development Team’s marketing and corporate capabilities materials, including project profiles, and make them readily available to all staff. The position ensures all proposal documents are formatted, edited for quality and submitted in compliance with donor requirements.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in International Development, Economics, Agriculture, Health or related field and/or pursuing Master’s degree in related field.
• A minimum of two years of experience in international development working in a business development capacity is required
• Strong research, planning, coordination, and time management skills
• Excellent editing and writing skills with fluency in English is required
• Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines in a highly effective and collegial manner.
• Familiarity in one of NCBA CLUSA’s core sectors: food security and agriculture, natural resource management, cooperative development, integrated youth and gender initiatives, and community-based health is desired
• Prior experience studying, working, or traveling in Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America, and/or Southeast Asia is a preferred.
• Ability to synthesize information from various sources into a compelling proposal.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
NCBA CLUSA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in all facets of employment, including the employment application and selection process. If you have a disability that affects your ability to use our online system to apply for a position at NCBA CLUSA, please send an email to Alicia Love (email@example.com) or call 202.638.6222.Apply now