Chief of Party-Conservation, Sustainable Development and Governance (CSDG) Program
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is seeking a candidate for the position of Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID-funded Conservation, Sustainable Development and Governance (CSDG) Program in Madagascar. The purpose of CSDG is to 1) reduce threats to biodiversity and improve conservation; 2) develop sustainable, economic opportunities for the poor; and 3) improve environmental governance in Madagascar. The CSDG Terrestrial program will implement activities in the following ecoregions: Atsimo Andrefana & Menabe; Vatovavy Fitovinany & Atsimo Atsinanana; MaMaBay & COMATSA/BATAN.
IMPORTANT NOTE:To be considered, applicants shall forward documents to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 9, 2022 with the subject line “Madagascar CSDG_COP”:
DO NOT USE FORM BELOW TO APPLY!
The expected duration of the project is five years. This will be a contract position pending award from USAID, expected to begin in May 2023.
The Chief of Party will provide overall technical vision and leadership, overseeing the design and implementation of the CSDG Program. The Chief of Party will manage program staff, consortium partners and/or subrecipients to ensure program deliverables are on time and within budget. The Chief of Party will be responsible for program compliance, ensuring all program activities are in accordance with USAID rules and regulations.
Essential Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide overall technical vision, leadership, and oversee the design and implementation of project activities.
- Lead internal and external project planning and reporting, including annual work planning with consortium partners.
- Work closely with NCBA CLUSA Headquarters to ensure high-quality periodic reporting.
- Serve as the primary representative of the project to USAID, relevant government entities, partners, and other implementers and stakeholders.
- Ensure project harmony among project staff and consortium partners
- Manage, supervise, and build capacity of all field staff, long‐term staff, short‐term staff, consortium partners, as proposed.
- Develop and manage a team that includes members of diverse backgrounds in order to successfully co-create and implement a sustainable integrated design.
- Integrate community approaches, gender sensitivity, social inclusion and capacity building into all activities as appropriate.
Finance and Compliance Management
- Ensure the effective use and coordination of USAID resources and the compliance of the financial systems and controls with USAID standards.
- Ensure sound financial management including programmatic budgeting, spending projections, and monitoring of payments.
- Work closely with NCBA CLUSA’s security team and country team’s security focal point to develop and maintain security systems that promote the security and safety of all team members
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in biodiversity conservation, ecology, environmental science, or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in managing large, complex USAID projects, preferably with a focus on biodiversity conservation or environmental governance; USAID Chief of Party experience strongly preferred.
- Madagascar nationals strongly preferred; all other candidates must be authorized to work in Madagascar and have 5+ years of experience working in Madagascar.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with government counterparts in the cooperating country, USG donors, and other key stakeholders and partners.
- Ability to successfully recruit, train, build capacity, motivate, and manage staff, and consortium partners.
- Experience designing and implementing gender-sensitive and youth inclusive development programming preferred.
- Ability to negotiate and manage agreements and all required programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of USAID rules and regulations.
- Possess a high level of emotional intelligence, tact, and diplomacy; able to model respect in the workplace and for partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an engaging style for public presentations, and analytical, interpersonal, and cross-cultural skills.
- Fluency in English and French are required.
- This position will be based in Antananarivo, Madagascar, with around 25% to 35% of the time for field travel for project implementation and/or project management duties.
To be considered, applicants shall forward the following documents to email@example.com no later than December 9, 2022 with the subject line “Madagascar CSDG_COP”:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format, including 3 professional references
DO NOT USE FORM BELOW TO APPLY!