Cost & Pricing Consultant
Department: Compliance, Cost and Pricing
Position: Cost and Pricing Consultant
For over 60 years, the National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) has contributed to high-impact international development projects in more than 85 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Grounded in the seven cooperative principles, NCBA CLUSA’s international development work seeks to alleviate poverty through social and economic empowerment. NCBA CLUSA’s work focuses on building resilient communities, creating economic opportunities, and strengthening cooperatives and producer organizations. Our community-led development approach empowers communities to identify, promote, and manage sustainable, locally generated solutions.
Background and Scope of Work
NCBA CLUSA is recruiting for Cost and Pricing consultants who can provide support on an as-needed basis for proposals to various funders, including USAID, USDA, European Union, foreign governments, and private businesses and foundations.
The Cost and Pricing consultant will be responsible for all aspects of the cost proposal from the time of entry into the application process, including budgeting in collaboration with the technical team; cost narrative; review, negotiation, and revisions of sub-awardee budgets; compliance documentation; and compilation of cost package in accordance with funder requirements. The Cost and Pricing consultant will:
- Work with the Program Management Team (PMT) and Business Development (BD) to manage cost proposal development, budget preparation for funder on inputs and cost realism for timely submissions.
- Assist the Business Development team with negotiating LOE of teaming agreements appropriately based on projected financial requirements to achieve proposed technical inputs.
- Manage cost review and negotiations with potential subcontractors during the business development stage; including budget, level of effort, indirect cost recovery allowability, and compliance with Funders’ supporting document requirements.
- Review and analyze sub-awardee due-diligence documentation, citing material weaknesses in sub-awardee systems and recommending viability and remedies to BD for post-award management.
- Negotiate with non-native, English-speaking sub-awardees and interact with non-native, English-speaking field team for providing cost information.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Minimum three years of proven experience preparing cost proposals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, International Development, or related field.
- Knowledge of accounting, budgeting, financial analysis, and business procedures.
- Working knowledge of the administrative, financial, and contractual management of international economic development programs; and interpreting and applying US Government rules and regulations that govern foreign assistance development financing required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent language skills in English; a second language is helpful but not required.
- Ability to work on multiple high-priority tasks concurrently.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to travel is preferred but not required.
To be considered for this consultancy interested parties must forward a brief summary of experience and CV in English to email@example.com, with the subject line: “Cost and Pricing Consultant”. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Successful applicants will be added to a consultant database. NCBA CLUSA will reach out to consultants in the database as opportunities arise.
DO NOT USE FORM BELOW TO APPLYApply now