Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Field Officer
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking three qualified candidates for the position of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Field Officer for an upcoming program in Malawi. The MEL Field Officer will report to the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist, and work closely with technical advisors and other field staff to integrate tools and approaches into the program operations and ensure that the program’s technical foundation is solidly anchored in quality and performance improvements. S/he will be experienced in supporting logical framework, results-based M&E systems for agriculture programs in Malawi. S/he will analyze and document program results and impact, compile reports and all other submissions to appropriate parties and assure transparency of performance data system. S/he will be responsible for supporting continuous adaptive learning and management throughout the project’s lifetime (a Learning and Adapting approach). The positions will be based in Lilongwe, Blantyre and Mzuzu.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Design and maintain data entry screens and data management platform;
- Develop, review, store and maintain data management plans, data entry instructions and coding manuals, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and beneficiary report forms;
- Interact with M&E Specialist to reconcile data discrepancies, including generating query reports, obtaining resolutions and tracking and documenting resolutions;
- Provides ad hoc data sets as required to ensure that reporting needs are being met;
- Assist technical and program team in retrieving information from the databases and other data sources;
- Generate and distribute reports as necessary, including batch reports run on daily, weekly and monthly cycles, status reports, any special purpose ad hoc reports, and basic univariate statistical analysis reports;
- Assist and train producer organizations (POs) and cooperatives to improve their internal M&E systems for tracking Business Plan performance;
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the M&E Specialist, including attendance and participation in required training.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject matter area;
- 3-5 years minimum work-related experience to effectively perform the job’s responsibilities;
- Proficiency in the understanding and execution of Data Management and Data Entry procedures;
- Experience with relational databases;
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to learn new data management software programs necessary for job completion;
- Knowledge of statistical data set creation for data analysis;
- Must be detail-oriented and possess problem solving skills;
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and deliver high quality deliverables on time;
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team setting;
- Knowledge of statistical software e.g., SPSS, STATA, SAS;
- Knowledge of smallholder agriculture, producer organizations, cooperatives, agribusiness, youth programming, and/or rural enterprise development desired;
- Ability to work with people and willingness to support and train others;
- Very high degree of social, political and cultural sensitivity;
- Strong written/oral communication;
- Ability to travel to project sites nationwide.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position(s) and region(s) to which you are applying.
Applications will be accepted through the closing date of Friday, 27th March, 2020. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Only those applicants who qualify will be contacted. No Phone Calls will be accepted. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.A