Open Call for Chief of Party (CoP) Candidates
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For nearly 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in 21 countries in Africa, Latin America, Caribbean, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified candidates for the position of Chief of Party for anticipated international development projects.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Oversee the design and implementation of an international development programs in either integrated nutrition, agriculture, youth and WASH, which includes public- and private-sector engagement.
- Lead and provide expertise in developing and executing sustainable, integrated practices.
- Facilitate dialogue with all levels of government, including working at the district and community level.
- Ensure the effective use and coordination of USAID resources and the compliance of the financial systems and controls with USAID standards.
- Lead internal and external program planning and reporting, including annual work planning with sub recipients.
- Develop and manage a team that includes members of diverse backgrounds in order to successfully co-create and implement a sustainable integrated design.
- Ensure sound financial management including programmatic budgeting, spending projections, and monitoring of payments.
- Work closely with NCBA CLUSA Headquarters to ensure high-quality periodic reporting.
- Serve as the primary representative of the project to USAID.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, management, agriculture, nutrition or other related field is required, Master’s preferred;
- 15+ years of experience in managing large, complex USAID or other donor-funded projects, preferably in the area of agriculture, nutrition and/or WASH.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and cross-cultural skills
- Experience in social marketing, behavior change communication and private sector approaches to development
- Demonstrated skills in effectively working with government counterparts in the cooperating country, USG donors, and other key stakeholders and partners.
- Ability to successfully recruit, train, develop, motivate and manage staff
- Ability to negotiate and manage agreements and all required programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of USAID grant or contract rules and regulations is required.
- Proven ability to produce results in challenging contexts
- Capacity to effectively deal with and resolve conflict.
- Fluency in English is required.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
If interested in this position apply here!
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.
NCBA CLUSA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in all facets of employment, including the employment application and selection process. If you have a disability that affects your ability to use our online system to apply for a position at NCBA CLUSA, please send an email to International Recuriter or call 202.638.6222.Apply now