Skills Development Specialist-Women and Youth Creating Our Future
For over 60 years, the National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) has contributed to high-impact international development projects in more than 85 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Grounded in the seven cooperative principles, NCBA CLUSA’s international development work seeks to alleviate poverty through social and economic empowerment. NCBA CLUSA’s work focuses on building resilient communities, creating economic opportunities, and strengthening cooperatives and producer organizations. Our community-led development approach empowers communities to identify, promote, and manage sustainable, locally generated solution.
Background and Scope of Work
NCBA CLUSA is recruiting a Skills Development Specialist for an anticipated USAID-funded Program in Timor-Leste. The activity will focus on launching an entrepreneurship and employment Center to strengthen the workforce readiness, and technical and entrepreneurship skills of Timorese youth and adult women.
The Specialist will help plan, develop, and administer skills development programs that are aligned to the needs of employers as well as the aspirations of the youth and adult women in Timor Leste. The Specialist will be responsible for all phases of curriculum development and measurement of achievements of learning objectives. The Specialist will apply best practices and proven approaches in content management and use for course materials development and management. Together with management team of the Center, the Specialist will identify techniques and processes for measuring and monitoring the effectiveness of curricula and courses and recommend course or program revisions after evaluation feedback. Skills are defined broadly and can encompass work readiness skills, soft skills, sector specific technical skills, entrepreneurial skills, among others. The Specialist will also collaborate/guide local instructors to deliver training programs through the Center to improve the skills and knowledge of enrolled students. The skills development program will be delivered through the Center and two other satellite locations.
The expected duration of the Program is five years. This will be a contract position pending award from USAID, expected to begin in Mid-2023.
- A Master’s degree in relevant field is required
- At least 8 years of experience in designing, creating, and facilitating curriculum development initiatives, ideally in skills, education, and youth development programs.
- Proven expertise in designing curriculum for courses and training products using sound instructional principles, strategies, and techniques, particularly targeting youth and adult learners, required.
- Experience designing and creating training manuals, online learning modules, and course materials, preferred.
- Experience assessing training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, employers, or consultations with managers or instructors, desired.
- Experience in delivering training/guidance to instructors using a variety of instructional techniques to ensure effective delivery of skills training and self-employment courses.
- Assist in the evaluation of skills development courses/training programs.
- Experience designing, creating and facilitating capacity building programming to deliver market relevant training.
- Strong team player, with demonstrated ability to positively motivate team members to success.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and demonstrated ability to find viable solutions to complicated problems in a flexible, time sensitive and creative manner.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in Timor Leste preferred.
- Fluent in written and spoken English required and Portuguese preferred.
To be considered applicants shall forward Cover Letter and CV in English to email@example.com not later than March 1, 2023, with the subject line: “Timor-Leste_WYCF_Skills Development Specialist”.
DO NOT USE THE FORM BELOWApply now