Subject Matter Experts -Conservation, Sustainable Development and Governance (CSDG) Program
For over 60 years, the National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) has contributed to high-impact international development projects in more than 85 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Grounded in the seven cooperative principles, NCBA CLUSA’s international development work seeks to alleviate poverty through social and economic empowerment. NCBA CLUSA’s work focuses on building resilient communities, creating economic opportunities, and strengthening cooperatives and producer organizations. Our community-led development approach empowers communities to identify, promote, and manage sustainable, locally generated solutions.
USAID Madagascar is developing a new biodiversity conservation program called the Conservation, Sustainable Development and Governance (CSDG) program. The main goals of CSDG are to: 1) reduce threats to biodiversity and improve conservation; 2) develop sustainable, economic opportunities for the poor; and 3) improve environmental governance. The CSDG Terrestrial activity will focus on the following ecoregions: Atsimo Andrefana & Menabe; Vatovavy Fitovinany & Atsimo Atsinanana; MaMaBay & COMATSA/BATAN. The expected duration of the project is five years. This recruitment will be for contract positions pending award from USAID, expected to begin in May 2023.
Important NOTE: To be considered, applicants shall forward documents to email@example.com no later than December 12, 2022 with the subject line “Madagascar CSDG_ (position name)”:
DO NOT USE FORM BELOW TO APPLY!
NCBA CLUSA is seeking candidates for the following technical areas/positions.
- Protected Areas and Biodiversity Specialist
- Director of Administration and Finance
- Director of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Specialist
- Communication Specialist
- Climate & NRM Finance Specialist
Minimum Qualification Criteria
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in the related field. Master’s degree is preferred
- 5+ years of experience working in Madagascar in the given technical area. Madagascar nationals strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of on-going sustainable development programs by the Government of Madagascar and donor community.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in English and French are required.
To be considered, applicants shall forward the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 12, 2022 with the subject line “Madagascar CSDG_ (position name)”:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format, including 3 professional references
DO NOT USE FORM BELOW TO APPLY!Apply now