Regional Administrative and Finance (A&F) Assistant(s)
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking three qualified candidates for the position of Regional Administrative and Finance (A&F) Assistant for an upcoming agricultural program in Malawi. The F&A Assistant(s) will be regionally based and report to the Finance and Administration Manager. S/he will be experienced in financial and cash management systems and adhering to organizational and donor compliance requirements and supporting internal and external audits, as appropriate, in Malawi. S/he will support procurement activities to ensure they are in line with the project and donor regulations and local law as well as oversee proper documentation and reporting of invoices, vouchers and other documents to support the program accounting system and effectively liaise with program HQ. S/he will also support HR, office operations, and general administrative duties for program staff and work with staff so that accounting procedures are followed and financial transactions, expenses and per diems are reported and documented in a timely and accurate manner. The expected duration of the project is 2 years, and it is expected that the position(s) will be based in Lilongwe, Blantyre and Mzuzu.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- In close collaboration with the Finance and Administration Manager, oversee all financial and cash management systems and administrative support in the regional office;
- Facilitate procurement activities and ensure they are in line with the project and donor regulations and local law;
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with NCBA’s policy and donor procedures and generally accepted accounting practices;
- Efficiently plan, organize, and document financial and cash transactions and reporting and oversee quality control for the regional office.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business administration, or related subject;
- 3 year(s) of relevant experience;
- Accounting qualification would be desirable;
- Knowledge and experience in using Excel;
- Familiarity in working with accounting software, specifically QuickBooks;
- Demonstrated experience in financial accuracy and thoroughness, maintaining quality control, and giving/receiving feedback to improve performance;
- Knowledge of the administrative and financial management of international development programs, and interpreting and applying World Bank rules and regulations;
- Fast learner and detail-oriented;
- Ability to work with people and willingness to support and train others;
- Strong written/oral communication;
- Demonstrated strong work ethic.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position(s) and region(s) to which you are applying.
Applications will be accepted through the closing date of Friday, 27th March, 2020. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Only those applicants who qualify will be contacted. No Phone Calls will be accepted. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.