Chief of Party
NCBA CLUSA is recruiting a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded opportunity in Guatemala. The potential opportunity will focus on food security, nutrition, agriculture, and economic development.
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for directing all technical, financial and administrative aspects of the program. S/He will coordinate with USAID in the development, implementation, and reporting of FTF. The COP will ensure high quality program implementation in accordance with NCBA CLUSA’s international program management standards and technical approach and principles. S/He will ensure that NCBA CLUSA’s values, methodology and approaches are uniformly implemented throughout the project. The COP will supervise and provide technical and administrative guidance to project staff as well as strategic and technical orientation to subcontractors. S/He will be responsible for the activities related to the improvement of nutrition and food security through diversified agriculture as well as the creation of new and enhanced economic activities in various value chains.
This will be a full-time position and will be based in Guatemala City, Guatemala.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in international development, business administration, agricultural economics, or other related field.
- Professional with 10 years of experience developing and leading food security, agriculture, and economic development programs, preferably oriented towards nutrition, and a minimum of 6 years supervising and working with teams of agriculture and enterprise development specialists.
- Chief of Party experience implementing USAID contracts is required.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with government counterparts in the cooperating country, donors, and other key stakeholders and partners.
- Ability to successfully recruit, train, build capacity, motivate and manage staff, consortium partners, and/or sub-partners.
- Ability to negotiate and manage agreements and all required programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of USAID funding and contractual rules and regulations.
- Proven ability to produce results in challenging contexts and the capacity to effectively deal with and resolve conflict.
- Fluency in English and Spanish are required.
To be considered applicants shall forward the following documents in English to firstname.lastname@example.org as part of the application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format