For over 65 years, the National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) has contributed to high-impact international development projects in more than 85 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Grounded in the seven cooperative principles, NCBA CLUSA’s international development work seeks to alleviate poverty through social and economic empowerment. NCBA CLUSA’s work focuses on building resilient communities, creating economic opportunities, and strengthening cooperatives and producer organizations. Our community-led development approach empowers communities to identify, promote, and manage sustainable, locally generated solution.
NCBA CLUSA is recruiting a Communications and Public Relations Coordinator (CPRC) for an anticipated USAID-funded Rural Financial Inclusion in Guatemala Activity. The project will focus on improving access and utilization of financial services, financial literacy capacity building of smallholder farmers (SHFs), medium and small enterprises (MSMEs), women, youth and indigenous and social minorities in Western Highlands and Verapaces, mobilizing capital for rural financial inclusion in alignment with USAID Guatemala strategic objectives to decrease migration, addressing inequalities and foster partnerships with local organizations.
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
CPRC will lead development, rollout and implementation of an effective communications strategy of the Project. Proposed employee will be responsible for development, production and delivery of various public relations and communications functions in support of Projects’ public awareness activities. CPRS, in close cooperation with Project’s MEL Manager and Social and Ethnic Inclusivity Advisor, creates press releases, announcements, manages events, media relations, and content of the social media contributions to promote NCBA CLUSA activities. The Coordinator accepts other assignments and duties as assigned related to the general scope of this position.
The expected duration of the Program is five years. This will be a contract position pending award from USAID, expected to begin in Mid-2023.
- Bachelor’s degree in in Communication, Marketing or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in communications or a related field.
- Knowledge of international development preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven track record increasing social media engagement.
- Excellent collaborative interpersonal skills.
- Project and detail-oriented, capable of independently managing assignments.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Works cooperatively with team members.
- Willing to respond to the demands of a fast-paced office environment.
- Proficient in basic HTML and has experience in content-management tools.
- Proficient in word processing and other computer programs. (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Proficient in various software tools, such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Final Cut Pro.
- Fluency in Spanish is required and knowledge of English is desired.
To be considered applicants shall forward Cover Letter and CV in English to email@example.com by April 7, 2023, with the subject line: “Guatemala_Financial Inclusion_ Communications”.
DO NOT USE FORM BELOW TO APPLY.