A global day for giving back since 2012, #GivingTuesday has become the kick-off to the charitable season after a weekend of shopping events. Last year, donors from more than 150 countries gave $274 million for nonprofits.
The Cooperative Development Foundation (CDF) is kicking off its end-of-year fundraising campaign by participating in #GivingTuesday. As you plan your own holiday giving, consider supporting your cooperative values with a donation to CDF on Tuesday, November 27.
Your contributions make CDF’s critical work to improve economic opportunities for everyone by promoting and developing cooperatives possible.
This year alone, CDF has:
- facilitated a $180,000 donation to cooperatives in Puerto Rico recovering from Hurricane Maria
- given over $35,000 in grants to food co-ops through the Bowers Fund
- sent 25 individuals to the Consumer Cooperative Management Association (CCMA) Conference on scholarships from the Bowers Fund
- hosted 19 cooperative leaders and scholars from across the U.S. at the 2018 Co-op IMPACT Conference
- hosted the 3rd Annual National Homecare Cooperative Conference, where 44 cooperators were able to attend on scholarship.
This year, Facebook and Paypal are partnering to double your donation, matching a total of $7 million in donations made on Facebook to eligible U.S.-based 501(c)(3) nonprofits. Donate now through CDF’s Facebook fundraiser or start your own.