Headed to the 2019 Co-op IMPACT Conference in October? Come a day early and get a dynamic, one-day version of Saint Mary’s top course on co-op management at an exclusive conference rate.
“Excellence in Co-op Leadership and Management” will be held at NCBA CLUSA headquarters in Washington, DC on October 1 and now features three new guest presenters:
- Erbin Crowell, executive director of the Neighboring Food Co-op Association, a cooperative federation bringing together more than 35 food co-ops and startups in pursuit of a thriving cooperative economy rooted in a healthy, just and sustainable regional food system. Erbin also serves as the Chair of NCBA CLUSA’s board of directors.
- Ed Mayo, secretary general of Co-operatives UK, the national association of Britain’s thousands of cooperatives working to promote, develop and unite member-owned businesses worth $43.7 billion (£36 billion).
- Wayne Schatz, Vice President and General Counsel of Operations and Distribution at The Co-operators Group Ltd., a leading Canadian insurance and financial services co-op with $31.3 billion ($41.7 billion CAD) in assets.
Crowell, Mayo and Schatz will join Karen Miner, managing director of the International Centre for Co-operative Management at Saint Mary’s University; and Sonja Novkovic, professor of Economics and academic director of the International Centre for Co-operative Management at Saint Mary’s.
When you register for the Co-op IMPACT Conference be sure to add this dynamic pre-conference course. Early bird registration ends August 14, register today!
This engaging course on excellence in cooperative leadership and management is relevant across all cooperative sectors and designed for seasoned decision-makers and emerging leaders alike.
Offered by Saint Mary’s University and hosted by NCBA CLUSA, the course is participatory and interactive. During this course, you’ll:
- Discuss and debate the cooperative business model and why it matters
- Grapple with the significant challenges inherent in leading and managing cooperatives
- Learn from what others are doing to recognize and avoid threats and risks to the model.
This pre-conference course is offered at the exclusive rate of $300 for conference attendees. Select the “course with conference registration” before clicking “checkout” when you register for the Co-op IMPACT Conference. Be sure to register by August 14 to save $200 on your registration!
“Excellence in Co-op Leadership and Management” is provided at IMPACT 2019 through a partnership with the Co-operative Management Education in the Sobey School of Business at Saint Mary’s University.
THANK YOU TO OUR IMPACT 2019 SPONSORS