NCBA CLUSA is seeking an Organizational Capacity Development Specialist with experience in conducting organizational capacity analyses and assessments applying the Organizational Capacity Assessment Tool (OCAT) for USAID funded entities. The assignment will take place in Timor-Leste.
The Women and Youth Creating Our Future (WYCF) project is tasked to support the advancement of a Timorese social enterprise in the education sector to strengthen the organization’s mission to empower women and youth across the country. The WYCF is a five-year activity and USAID/Timor Leste’s vehicle to increase the incomes of youth, women, and persons with disabilities (PWDs) through education, employment, and entreprenuership. The WYCF project will work through the local organization to achieve its objectives, using a combination of technical advisory services, local capacity development, and grants. In addition, WYCF will work to strengthen the capacity of the selected organization to become a direct recipient of USAID funding following the completion of the WYCF project. The organizational capacity assessment will act as a benchmark for the design and implementation of a mutually agreed upon plan for capacity development. This will also allow WYCF to periodically monitor and measure organizational capacity over time, allowing for adjustments in capacity-building support provided to the project partner.
The expected duration of the assignment: 20 days (12 days in-country, 3 travel days, and 5 days for report writing). The anticipated period of performance: July- August 2023
Areas of Responsibility:
The STTA in Organizational Capacity Assessment (OCA) will accomplish the following tasks to assist with USAID WYCF organizational capacity building requirements.
- Plan for the assessment and hold initial consultations/meetings with USAID WYCF partner and develop a schedule.
- Use OCAT to conduct capacity assessment of local partner.
- Determine capacity building objectives and create a capacity-building action plan for the organization.
- Produce an OCA report for the organization, who is an implementing partner on WYCF.
After the end of the contract, the STTA in Organizational Capacity Assessment will have accomplished the following deliverables to aid in USAID WYCF capacity-building requirements.
- A well-structured organizational capacity assessment of the local partner using the 8 OCAT capacity dimensions recommended by USAID for WYCF.
- Developed capacity building plans for all the organization based on the results of the OCAT.
- Submitted OCAT report to USAID WYCF detailing objectives, methodologies, results, capacity building plans and monitoring plan for tracking improvements in capacity.
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in management, business administration, leadership and organizational development, international development, or a related field.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in designing, facilitating, engaging and effective organizational capacity development assessment employing foundational and cutting-edge approaches to meet the capacity development needs.
- Experience working with international organizations, including US Government funded programs, NGOs, and the private sector.
- Extensive knowledge of the field of organizational development, including state-of-the-art diagnostic and dialogic methodologies.
- Certificates/certifications in organizational development methodologies desirable.
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written), presentation and facilitation skills.
- Proven ability to understand the needs of an organization and identify creative solutions.
- Committed to providing the highest level of service while challenging the status quo through organizational capacity development initiatives.
- Ability to confidently engage with staff at all levels to define needs and expectations, collaborate on projects, and communicate results.
- Ability to work sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks, producing quality products and services within tight time constraints.
- Fluency in English required.
To be considered applicants shall forward Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 20, 2023, with the subject line: “WYCF_ Organizational Capacity Development Specialist”.
DO NOT USE FORM BELOW TO APPLY!!!