Moderated by Stratus Wealth Advisors, this roundtable discussion will center attendee participation. This session will focus on the challenges that purchasing cooperatives and their members are facing as they continue to deal with the economic and social effects of COVID-19 and strategies for using this health and economic crisis to create more resilient business continuity plans so that both the purchasing cooperatives and their members can better withstand economic shocks, allowing them to focus on bringing long-term success to their communities as opposed to short-term profits to themselves. Discussion questions will touch on both the emotional and financial challenges purchasing cooperative leadership and their members face, such as:
- How many of you and your members had a business continuity plan in place prior to the coronavirus crisis?
- What are the most important elements of a business continuity plan for your industry?
- How many of your members have performed an operational or risk assessment?
- What are the important elements of a business continuity plan?
- When is there time to discuss business continuity planning and where do I turn for educational resources?
- I like the idea of a business continuity plan, but I have no idea where to start. Can someone help me?