The activities are done in coordination with the World Bank Agriculture and Natural Resources Landscape and REDD+ projects that operate in the same geographic zone.
The project has the goal of improving livelihoods and reducing deforestation through:
- Improving food security and income through increased use of conservation farming and improved agricultural inputs to improve productivity and maintain soil fertility
- Reducing risks to households, plantations and natural forests from fire
- Reducing post-harvest losses through household crop storage
- Reducing use of wood fuel by households through fuel efficient stoves
- Facilitating agroforestry integration of smallholders and private plantations