There are just a few weeks left to apply for year’s Cooperative Leaders and Scholars (CLS) cohort. Submit your application by 11:59 pm EST on Friday, February 10, 2023 for a chance to join a growing community that provides ongoing peer support and professional development opportunities.
You’ll participate in this year’s newly-expanded eight-month program designed to deepen and broaden your knowledge of cooperatives and the role of the co-op business model in meeting the economic and social needs of communities. CLS offers the opportunity to engage with cooperators across all sectors and participate in and share knowledge with a community of cooperative leaders and scholars.
Program Content and Benefits
Participate in multi-sector programming and events, and engage with co-op industry thought leaders, policymakers and other stakeholders.
- Attend a week of events in Washington, DC from October 2-6 featuring NCBA CLUSA’s 2023 Cooperative IMPACT Conference, CDF’s Cooperative Hall of Fame and a one-day course from the International Centre for Co-operative Management at Saint Mary’s University
- Meet fellow cohort members at an in-person kickoff in St. Paul, Minnesota from May 22-25 featuring co-ops tours, capstone project planning and training on the art of facilitation
- Access to exclusive networking events and webinars from industry experts
Applicants must qualify under one of the following categories and reside in North America.
- Emerging cooperators (ages 18-35) pursuing a career in or working with cooperatives, credit unions and/or mutual insurance
- Individuals new to cooperatives, credit unions and/or mutual insurance with less than five years of experience
- Post-secondary students of any age with an interest in cooperatives, credit unions and/or mutual insurance
“Being a part of the CLS cohort has… helped me to make connections with likeminded individuals who are doing amazing work promoting democracy, equity and workers’ rights today. I left wanting to continue to grow the connections I made, and make promoting cooperatives the mission of my work.” – Isa Fernández, 2022 Cohort Member