The Cooperative Leaders and Scholars (CLS) program is an opportunity to participate in multi-sector programming and events, and to engage with co-op industry thought leaders, policymakers, and other stakeholders. The program is designed to deepen and broaden the knowledge of cooperatives and the role the model plays in meeting economic and social needs of communities. We are now accepting applications to participate in next year’s program.
Program Content and Benefits
- Meet fellow cohort members at an in-person kickoff in Denver, CO from April 23-26 featuring co-op tours and training workshops. Sponsored by CoBank.
- Attend a week of events in Washington, DC from September 30 to October 4 featuring NCBA CLUSA’s 2024 Cooperative IMPACT Conference, CDF’s Cooperative Hall of Fame, a one-day course from the International Centre for Co-operative Management at Saint Mary’s University, and co-op tours.
- Access to exclusive networking events and webinars from industry experts.
Applicants must qualify under one of the following categories and reside in North America.
- Emerging cooperators (ages 18-35) pursuing a career in or working with cooperatives, credit unions, or mutual insurance.
- Individuals new to cooperatives, credit unions, or mutual insurance with less than 5 years of experience.
- Post secondary students of any age with an interest in cooperatives, credit unions, or mutual insurance.
Visit cdf.coop/cls for more details.
Submit your application by 11:59 pm EST on Friday, February 16, 2024 for a chance to join a growing community that provides ongoing peer support and professional development opportunities.
CLS Alumni Network
Since the 1990s, CLS has undergone various iterations, the most notable being an expansion in 2023 from a one week event to an 8-month fellowship experience. The newly formed Alumni Network strives to connect CLS alumni for lasting impact by fostering connections and building enduring relationships to create a strong network of changemakers building a better world together, one cooperative at a time.
Are you a previous CLS participant? Connect with alumni from other cohorts who are at different stages in their cooperative paths by joining our network.