NCBA CLUSA is seeking nominations of qualified candidates to fill five seats on the 2016 Board of Directors. The NCBA CLUSA Board directs, controls and inspires the organization. The Board:
• Brings consistent focus to the association’s longer-term impacts, results, purposes, and future opportunities to serve the needs of members, not on operational methods of achieving those results
• Emphasizes proactive leadership in policy development; clear distinction and respect for board and management roles; collective decision-making after consideration and encouragement of a diversity of viewpoints; and evaluation of organizational performance in terms of strategic and measurable results
• Assures excellence in governance through a disciplined approach based on adherence to the highest standard of ethical conduct in all aspects of its guidance, decision-making, and leadership of the association
To be eligible for election, a candidate must be either an Individual member or a director or an employee of a Cooperative or Associate member in good standing.
What to Submit
Interested nominees should complete and submit this Nomination Form with requested supplemental material to the Nominating Committee no later than February 22.
Please email this information to be forwarded to the Nominating Committee to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations must be received by February 22, 2016, to be considered.
An NCBA CLUSA Board-appointed Nominating Committee, composed of members of the NCBA CLUSA Board of Directors, will review all nominations to verify the candidates’ eligibility per the organization’s bylaws. Nominees will be notified in advance of the status of their candidacy.
Per the NCBA CLUSA bylaws, the Nominating Committee shall nominate at least two candidates more than the number of open positions.
By March 15, the Nominating Committee will present to the NCBA CLUSA membership a slate of no fewer than seven candidates for consideration. The slated candidates’ biographical sketches, candidate statements and photographs will be published on the NCBA CLUSA website and in CBJ (Cooperative Business Journal). The information will also be posted in the online election system.
The online election will open on March 29 and close on April 28; during this period, NCBA CLUSA members in good standing will be able to cast their votes.
The NCBA CLUSA Board election is handled electronically through Simply Voting, a secure, cost-effective and environmentally responsible online platform for election services.
The election results will be announced at NCBA CLUSA’s Annual Business Meeting, which will be held on May 2 in Washington, DC, during the Annual Cooperatives Conference.
Candidates will have access to a copy of the NCBA CLUSA membership list for campaigning purposes. Candidates must agree that:
(1) The list is to be used solely for the campaigning process and,
(2) The list cannot be used for any other purpose.
Questions and Information
Questions about the roles, responsibilities and duties of the NCBA CLUSA Board, eligibility requirements, or the nominations process can be directed to the 2016 Nominating Committee.
2016 NCBA CLUSA Nominating Committee:
Michelle Schry, Chair email@example.com
Joe Bergeron firstname.lastname@example.org
Susan Newton email@example.com
Dave Swanson firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew D. Jacob, CFA email@example.com