Since 2012, #GivingTuesday has become a global day of giving and has been the kick-off to the charitable season after a weekend of shopping events. Last year, donors from more than 150 countries raised over $400 million for nonprofits.
The Cooperative Development Foundation (CDF) is kicking off its end-of-year fundraising campaign by participating in #GivingTuesday. As you plan your own holiday giving, consider supporting cooperative values with a donation to CDF on Tuesday, December 3.
With the support and generosity of donors and cooperators like you, CDF is able to continue to improve economic opportunities for everyone by promoting and developing cooperatives.
In 2019, CDF expanded its partnerships, outreach and impact. Your contributions to the Foundation have made the following possible:
- Over $100,000 in grants were made to assist in disaster recovery efforts.
- $100,000 in grants were given to support cooperative education projects.
- 41 homecare workers attended the National Homecare Cooperative Conference on a scholarship.
- 25 food co-op staff attended the Consumer Cooperative Management Association conference on a scholarship.
- $35,000 in grants were given to food cooperatives to support training and education.
- 21 cooperative leaders and scholars participated at the IMPACT Conference.
- Over 380 cooperators and policy makers attended Cooperative Policy Roundtables nationwide.
This year, Facebook will be matching up to 7 million dollar of donations given through Facebook on December 3. Support the Foundation this Giving Tuesday by visiting CDF’s Facebook pageor by clicking “donate” on CDF’s website.