This holiday season, the cooperative community can “Unleash the Power of Co-ops” by donating to the Cooperative Development Foundation (CDF)’s year-end fundraising drive.
CDF makes grants, loans and investments that support cooperative development, strengthen Main Street cooperative businesses, create good, sustainable jobs, and enhance the lives of people and communities.
CDF has already given over $1 million in grants in 2020
- More than $230,000 for personal protective equipment to support cooperatives and institutions to combat the economic and health impacts of COVID-19.
- $105,000 in support of cooperative education
- Over 30 scholarships to attend the Cooperative Leaders and Scholars Institute, Up and Coming Conference and CCMA Conference.
- $22,175 for training and education of food cooperative staff and boards.
- Technical assistance and data driven resources to 16 existing and start-up home care co-ops.
- 18 cooperative events sponsored in the U.S.
- Production of seven publications on cooperative impact and policy priorities in conjunction with NCBA CLUSA, Urban Institute and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
CDF will also participate in Giving Tuesday on December 1. Last year, over 1.1 million people created fundraisers or donated to over 97,000 charitable organizations through Facebook raising over $120 million. Help CDF by sharing its Giving Tuesday donation link on social media or creating a fundraiser of your own to supporting its mission of promoting and developing cooperatives to improve economic opportunities for all.
CDF is the only foundation in the United States devoted solely to the development of cooperatives across sectors. Donate to CDF online or send a check to Cooperative Development Foundation at 1775 Eye Street, NW, 8th Floor, Washington, DC, 20006.